PhysXtreme CrossFit 819 – Bootcamp
No Weights Soft-Tissue Warm-up #2 (No Measure)
15 MIN MAX
T-Spine, Lats, Pecs, Quads, Hams, Calves, Peroneals
Glutes w/leg cross
Side-lying glute med/min
10 Ring Rows
10 Angels + 10 Devils
Pigeon Hip Stretch
6ea. Cossack Squats
5x (1 Inchworm + 1-5 Pushups)
10 Ring Rows
10 Min DU Practice
Review without rope:
– singles bounce
– doubles bounce (just higher… and that it’s bouncing not jumping)
– transition from singles to doubles bounce
– movement mostly at ankles not knees
– inline hips and feet under hips as opposed to hips back and feet forward
Review with rope:
– singles bounce (no more than 2-3 before transitioning to doubles bounce
– transition to double bounce with increased rope speed
– rope timing… 1-2 count (faster) followed by momentary slowing
– after first double.. keep bouncing… don’t stop
Use Slow-Mo Video taping to show people where they mess up! It helps to see it.
10 Min Rope Climb Technique
Review 4-steps from sitting on box to get solid feet.
1-Get a solid foot hold while looking.
2-Get a solid foot hold blind.
3-Get a solid foot hold quickly while looking.
4-Get a solid foot hold quickly while blind.
Solid foot hold must be reliable… as in must be able to get it at least 4 out of 5 times before moving to next stage.
Once you get a solid foot hold from seated position on box, practice jumping up to grab rope and get your foot hold.
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
50 DU (2 Min Practice)
1 Rope Climb **
20 KB Swings (50/35)
** Rope Climb Scaling
– 3 attempts at getting a solid foot hold then 3-5 Recline Climb
Metcon (No Measure)
30 Sec Hanging Hollow
20 ea. Supine Single-leg Straight-leg Lowering *
* Assume supine crunch position with both legs bent 90 degrees and feet flat on floor. Extend one leg to fully straight position and raise to 90 degrees. This is the starting position. From here, lower the leg all the way to the floor and then return to the top. This constitutes 1 repetition.